Carrot Ginger Muffins
Wednesday, 15 June 2011
100 calories each, these delicious carrot ginger muffins are the perfect way to
satisfy that cake craving, without doing too much damage to your diet.
What you’ll need
- 1 cup whole
- 1 and a 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large carrot, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/8 tsp dry powdered ginger
- 1/8 tsp mixed ground spice
- 1/8 tbsp vanilla
recipe makes 12 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
Grease a muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray, or lay out patty cases.
- Cut the butter into small cubes and
let it soften.
- Mix together the flour, baking
powder and butter in a large bowl. Make sure the butter gets broken down into
- Add the ginger, sugars, carrot,
milk, egg, vanilla and spices. Mix well.
Scoop into the muffin tin. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool, and enjoy!