Homemade granola bars
Monday, 28 March 2011
Make your own tasty and filling granola bars, with just
112 calories each. This recipe is good for adding, removing and substituting
different ingredients, so you can play around and customise it to suit your
tastes and preferences!
Whip up a big batch and keep them for when you need a
healthy, no-fuss snack…
What you’ll need:
- 2 1/2 cups oats (old-fashioned, not
instant)1 cup whole wheat flour
- 120 ml applesauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 1/2 tbsp flaxseed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 55g chopped pecans
- 55g slivered almonds
(This recipe makes 24 bars)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C and lightly
grease a baking pan.
- Mix together the oats, flour,
applesauce, flaxseed, baking soda, honey and brown sugar in a large bowl, then
stir in the nuts and coconut.
- Lightly press the mixture into the
baking pan and put in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then cut
- Let bars cool completely in pan
before removing, then serve and enjoy!