Monday, 20 December 2010
your home smell like Christmas with this delicious biscotti recipe. Each piece
has 91 calories- perfect for indulging in a little treat leading up to
Christmas without completely blowing your calorie limit. Bring a little festive
joy into your home!
What you’ll need
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pistachio nuts
(This recipe makes 32 pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
Lightly grease a baking tray with cooking spray or line with baking paper.
- Mix together oil and sugar in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts
and the lemon zest.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Gradually stir in the flour, salt,
and baking powder. Mix in the nuts by hand.
- Divide dough in half. Form two logs on the baking tray.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until logs are light brown.
- Remove from oven, and set aside to
cool for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 135 degrees C.
Cut the logs on diagonal into slices about 3/4 inch thick. Lay onto their sides
on the baking tray.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry.
- Leave to cool, and enjoy!