Christmas meringue cookies
Friday, 17 December 2010
For a delicious Christmas treat that
won’t completely destroy your diet, indulge in these tasty meringue cookies.
Light and colourful, they’ll bring a little festive Christmas joy into your
day, with only 42 calories each. Plus, they’re easy to make- so whip up a batch
for when guests stop by.
What you’ll need…
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mint flavouring or almond extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Food colouring
(This recipe makes 25 cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Beat the eggs whites until very
stiff. Gradually add the sugar.
- Fold in the flavouring, chocolate chips and pecans. Add the food colouring of
- Cover a baking tray with foil and lightly grease with cooking spray. Drop the
batter in round shapes, slightly apart.
- Put in oven and turn off the heat.
- Leave in closed oven for at least 2 hours or overnight to dry up the cookies.
Serve and enjoy