We all know that regular exercise is good for us. Below are a few of the reasons why:
- Reduces your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, diabetes and obesity
- Keeps joints, tendons and ligaments flexible so it's easier to move around
- Reduces some of the effects of aging
- Contributes to your mental well-being and helps treat depression
- Helps relieve stress and anxiety
- Increases your energy and endurance
- Helps you sleep better
- Helps you maintain a normal weight by increasing your metabolism (the rate you burn calories)
- Not enough time
- No one to do it with
- Need to look after the kids
- Too tired
There are a million and one reasons to put off exercise, but the reality is that not many of these reasons are justifiable. Most people see exercise as a chore and dread it. But this is only because they are not used to it and do not continue regular exercise for long enough to start to experience the benefits.
The most important thing is to make exercise a regular part of your day - book it into your diary. As your fitness improves, your body will start to enjoy the exercise, and believe it or not, start to crave it! When we exercise our body releases endorphins which make us feel great - there is not better time to start than today!