Guilt-free French toast
Friday, 26 October 2012
A delicious, guilt-free way to enjoy your favourite breakfast! Get the sweet flavour you crave without all the bad stuff- one serving (two pieces of French toast) has just 150 calories and 1.6 grams of fat. It’s the perfect weekend treat. Feel like you’re indulging in a rich café breakfast, while still sticking to your diet plan.
What you’ll need…
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Spray a pan lightly with cooking spray and put over medium heat
- Mix together the egg whites, skim milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a small bowl or dish.
- Dip the first slice of bread flat in the bowl, quickly letting it soak up the liquid. Do the same on the other side. Make sure you don’t dip it too much that it all falls apart!
- Place the bread in the pan and cook it on both sides until brown.
- Repeat the above two steps with the second slice.
- Serve and enjoy! Top with some berries of your choice or even a little maple syrup.