Thick, delicious eggplant soup
Thursday, 16 August 2012
Get all your veggies in with this delicious, easy-to-make eggplant stew. Itís thick and filling, and has only 61 calories per serve- perfect for your diet plan! Make a big batch and keep it in the freezer for an easy meal on those nights you donít feel like cooking.
What youíll needÖ
- 1 eggplant (peeled or unpeeled), cut in 2 inch cubes
- 4 zucchinis, diced
- 3 summer squash, sliced
- 200g mushrooms, sliced.
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (optional)
(This recipe makes 10 serves)
- Saute the garlic and onion in the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- After 5 to 10 minutes, add the mushrooms. Continue cooking for another 5 to 10 minutes, then add the tomatoes.
- When it starts to bubble, add the eggplant, then reduce the heat and simmer for around 45 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and squash. Keep cooking for another 30 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Add salt, pepper and chilli powder to taste. Then serve and enjoy!