Fruit kebabs with coconut dip
Monday, 24 September 2012
With a refreshing sweetness the whole family will love, these fruit kebabs make a great healthy dessert when youíre entertaining. Each serve has only 45 calories- so itís the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without ruining your diet plan.
What youíll need
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon fruit jam (try orange marmalade or raspberry jam)
- Fruits of your choice (try pineapple, strawberries, kiwifruit, plum, watermelon, blackberries, apples- whatever you like!)
(Makes 10 servings of one skewer with a tablespoon of dip)
- Optional first step for extra flavour and texture: toast the coconut in the oven until golden.
- Mix the yogurt, coconut and jam. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cut the larger fruit into bite-size cubes. If using apple or pear, toss with a little lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Thread the fruit onto wooden skewers
- Serve with the coconut dip on the side, and enjoy!